Older adults who meet income qualifications, can receive a Leisure Access Pass – a City of Edmonton pass that allows up to a 75% discount for many programs and free access to many recreation centres.
With your Leisure Access Pass, attend free drop in fitness classes at a recreation centre, go skating, swim at an outdoor or indoor pool, visit an attraction, or participate in a class. The opportunities are endless!
What Does the Program Offer:If you qualify for the program you receive:
· unlimited free access to any participating City of Edmonton facility
· 75% discount for up to 3 registered programs
· 75% off cost of materials for programs at the City Arts Centre
· access to a bucket a day at Victoria Golf course*
· 24 free visits to the Reuse Centre a year
*1 round of golf is considered 1 registered program. Tee times must be booked in advance. One admission to drop-in Shinny Hockey at City of Edmonton Arenas is considered 1 registered program. One Reuse Centre workshop is considered 1 registered program.
Who Qualifies:You qualify if you are a resident of Edmonton and meet one of the following criteria:
· on AISH or CPP-Disability Pension
· have a child under government care
· household income is under $27.872 (single) or $34.698 (couple) per year on tax return line 150.
How to Access:If you meet the criteria – you may complete an application form (APPLICATION FORM) or you may pick up a form at a City of Edmonton participant facility, Edmonton Service Centre or phone 311 to request a form by mail.
Waiting Period:Most applications are processed in 2-3 weeks. Access is for one year and then application must be resubmitted.
For more information, visit City of Edmonton – Leisure Access Pass
Do you know someone who could make use of some additional recreation opportunities? I hope you’ll share this great resource with them.